Ongoing, online training regarding Hearing Loss and Early Intervention
1. Watch the Video
This 20-minute online presentation provides basic information about the different types of hearing loss, the impact of hearing loss on development, early intervention services, amplification options, communication modalities, and when to refer for audiological testing.
2. Take the 6-question Quiz
3. Receive EI credit and a certificate of completion.
Complete the quiz and email it to Joe Vieira
Pass the quiz with an 83% or better
Receive .25 credits in the area of Atypical Development and .25 credits in the area of Intervention and a Certificate of Completion via email within two weeks
March 7, 2019 in Rockford, IL 9AM-3PM Register
March 8, 2019 in Peoria, IL 9AM-3PM Register
April 11, 2019 in Mt. Vernon, IL 9AM-3PM Register
Annual Conferences for Parents of Children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. These conferences are geared toward parents of children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing as well as the professional working with these children. The best part, they are completely FREE. They are held at select locations (see below) from 8:30am – 4:00 pm.
This year’s topics include:
• Siblings: All About Siblings
• Transition After High School: What’s Next?
• Accommodations and Modifications in the School Setting
• Educating the Whole Child: A Parents’ Perspective
To register for the conference that is closest to you please click on the registration link below.
South of Seventy: Marion February 23, 2019: Registration
North of Eighty: Wheeling, March 9, 2019: Registration
South of Eighty: Springfield, April 27, 2019: Registration
ALL NEW LOCATION!! Chicago: Near Midway, May 11, 2019: Registration
If you have questions or wish to receive a paper copy of the registration form you can contact us at email@example.com .
Register today for the ITDHH Early Intervention Pre-Conference – Thursday, February 28, 2019.
• Location – Chicago Marriott, Naperville
• Registration – 8:30 am – 9:00 am
• Conference – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
• EHDI Day Luncheon (information coming soon) – 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
2019 Pre-Conference Topics:
• Frequency, Intensity, Duration, OH MY!
• Finding the Golden Ticket – Strategy Sharing Session
• Going for Team Gold: Collaborative IFSP Teams
Register Parent Release
June 30, 2018 Bensenville, IL
July 14, 2018 Normal, IL
IDEA and Advocacy Training in Wood Dale, IL October 13th OR October 16th: Registration Flyer Español
Check back soon for more training opportunities.
If you are interested in hosting one of these trainings in your area contact the Outreach office for assistance.